Today has been quite a perfect day, minus the fact that we lost an hour. 😦 I know it’s a good thing having daylight later, but I can’t believe it’s already 6:00 pm! I slept almost 11 hours last night, so that might have been part of it. oops.
Anyways, my workout schedule wasn’t the greatest last week since I was feeling a little under the weather, but I’m happy to say I feel normal again. The hubby and I went on a long bike ride along the beach today, and it felt so good to exercise again. I know it’s only been 5 days, but when I can’t workout at all I don’t feel like myself. I’m sure some of you can relate! 🙂
Here’s a pic. I snapped from our lunch spot. Pretty amazing view. Beach and lots of sunshine! I love seeing so many people out and about: walking, biking, running, laying on the beach and playing volleyball….
Onto the Side Stich….
Most of us have experienced this at some point in our exercise careers: A Side Ache– the sharp intense pain just below your rib cage, typically on the right side.
This continues to be a debated topic with researchers about what it is and what is the exact cause. Two popular theories are: It’s a spasm of your diaphragm cramping & straining of ligaments in your diaphragm and liver region.
In an case, here are some tips to prevent this from happening to you:
- Warm up gradually
- Increase your exercise intensity at a steady pace (don’t push yourself too hard, too early)
- Concentrate on breathing while you run (take deep even breaths)
- Keep your abdominals and lower back strong
If you do happen to get a side ache, try:
- Slowing down your pace (if you are running)
- Stretch- Raise your arm up overhead (on the affected side) and lean away
- Press or massage the area of pain- lean forward to ease pain
Oh, and who is pumped up for the Bachelor finale tomorrow night??!
What did you do this weekend?
Any tips for relieving a side-ache?